Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Sad Day

Tonight, I took my antidepressant that you have to let dissolve on your tounge (Mirtazapine), and after that, took my evening 50mg of spironolactone. Yet I'm supposed to eat some food with my sprio, so I went down to go make my standard 4 pieces of buttered toast, and I couldn't taste it! After a few minutes a bit of taste started coming back, and I could slightly taste things like orange juice or strawberry waffles, but only on the sides of my tongue. Was a very sad day. I guess for some reason the Mirtazapine numbed my taste buds, it'd probably have something to do with my bigger appetite too that I need to watch closer (because even though I weigh 150 and am 5'7 and 3/4 and have a high metabolism, I'd like to stay about there, being overweight is a hassle).

Also, not having a functional tongue would be hard.

I remember I've had the discussion at times of, if you could lose one sense (Sight, Touch, Hearing, Smell/Taste), which would you lose? If I could only lose smell, definitely that, but if I had to lose smell and taste (As opposed to any other single option), I'm starting to think that'd be a really difficult decision. Luckily I'm certainly *cough cough* not on one of those shows where they actually implement my decision and see what the results are to my psychological well being.

No.

That would be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment