Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pronouns and Name

So just briefly, I'm out to all my close friends at college now, and coming out to siblings today. I'm seriously terrified of their reaction, as an understatement, but we'll see.

Also all of my friends are all referring to me as "Dani" and trying their best to use female pronouns!:)! Like it is happy day. It's a process of course (knowing me as ____ and using male pronouns) , but one I'm so glad to be finally having :)

I CAME OUT TO MY SIBLINGS (who I am very close to) AND THEY REACTED WONDERFULLY WELL LIKE TOTES TOTES TOTES YAY LOTS AND LOTS. Also one of the first questions my little bro had was related to attraction to guys, "Have you ever been in (my sisters') 'hottie pottie.'" Just Lol :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic news about your sibs! So glad the rising generation is learning to be more understanding and empathetic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Dani. Congrats! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both of you, it really was a wonderful conclusion to years and years of stress about what others would think. My coming out is essentially complete :)

    ReplyDelete