Sunday, May 18, 2014

"We"

I've been thinking about something I don't yet know if I have the words to describe, but I'll try as best I can. It's also very personal, so I've been reflecting on whether or not I'm comfortable sharing it. I think it makes sense to share now, and I feel is best shared through poetry.

I think she saw me in the mirror,
He's here but never gone too far,
We show I'm here but it's not clear,
She sees through him at all,

It's you and me,
It's him and her,
It's them and them,
It's we and us and I.

We play tic tac toe for codependency,
She cries, he turns, she runs, he falls,
Without others she's free of him but,
Without others she's stuck outside,

It's you and me,
It's him and her,
It's them and them,
It's we and us and I.

Say without forever she'll be lonely,
Say without tomorrow she'll be gone,
Say without a day is someone to be,
Say without her he finds the shore,

It's you and me,
It's him and her,
It's them and them,
It's we and us and I.

Yet she'll find another way to be,
He chooses him for her and her for him,
She follows stead with heart high,
It's we for you for I for us.

It's you and me,
It's him and her,
It's them and them,
It's we and us and I.

Hey don'cha think we're getting better,
Ya but I don't appreciate the time,
It's okay you're building a mirror,
And you find love through my eyes.

It's you and me,
It's him and her,
It's them and them,
It's we for you for I for us.

I think I need to work on my poetry being a little less cryptic, but I'm happy with that.

1 comment: